Thursday, March 27, 2014

Privateer: Wretched Soul Page 7


OK, so we're still doing this progress thing. Mostly because I don't want to be stuck on this page and because I owe you all more than I'm giving. The main character is colored in and the background has a little more detail, but I think the main character is a tad too dark to read from the background. Ill add some color and see if it's enough of a difference, and if not then we'll lighten the character layers... also the sky looks really weird without a darker gradient to the almost black sea, so that'll be another addition.

 Final

The gradient in the sky works much nicer and the color certainly did make the character pop, but it was a tad too saturated for this page layout, so we drop it down to 90%. Lighten the character layers, drop the background down to 90% opacity as well and make sure that poop joke in the last panel makes sense... it's very classy.

If these pages keep taking me too long to put out, then I might keep this process up if only for my state of mind... this is a blog after all. I promise to keep updating even if it's all filler, I owe myself and you crazy readers that.

No comments:

Post a Comment